Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Meet my friend Clomid

With that doctor's appointment on month 11, I left with my prescription in hand for my new bff Clomid. Now, for those of you who do not know what Clomid is used for; google it. My experience with Clomid was not a horrible one. In fact, my only real side effect from this medication were the hot flashes and I mean HOT FLASHES!! I could be riding down I-77 on my way home, freezing cold outside, and have to roll the window down and turn the A/C on. One day, I was in my office talking to a coworker and my upper lip just started to sweat. My first notable hot flash happened last Friday morning when the heat just came over me and I dashed into my neighbor's office and turned the fan on and stood with my face in front of the fan. No, I am not "milking" the situation for attention...this stuff really happens. Other women's symptoms can be mood swings, acne, insomnia, stomach cramping, and of course the hot flashes. With all that Charlie and I have experienced over the last year, I know that one day seeing the double lines on the test will be so worth it. As my sister Lori says "You will have the right baby for you, and when you have your baby, you can't imagine it being any other way."

No comments:

Post a Comment