Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Springtime and 19 Week Updates

Good morning friends!! I know I keep saying this, but my gosh, time is FLYING by. It feels like the work week passes in one day and then its the crazy, busy weekends. I LOVE staying busy at work and then usually make sure I have something scheduled (or planned around the house) to do for after work and then my day is finished. I am loving the springtime weather, all the fruit, salads, and spring dishes that are some of our favorites. Speaking of which, let me give you one:



Proscuitto Pear and Blue Cheese Sandwiches:

4 slices of toasted multi-grain bread (I buy a loaf in the bakery just bc it tastes better than pre-sliced bread)

1.5 packs of proscuitto (avoid Dietz and Watson bc they have a metallic something on the proscuitto that you can see through the packaging...scary)

1 sliced pear (thinly sliced)

Spring Mix salad leaves tossed in a small cap-full of red wine vinegar and sprinkled with pepper

Blue Cheese

After the bread is toasted, I place the proscuitto on the bread, top with however much blue cheese you like, accompanied with as much spring mix as you like, and lastly top with about 2-3 pear slices and the last piece of bread. Enjoy.








We LOVE mixing fruit with different cheeses. As always, I swear by the magazine Cooking Light, where I found this gem of a recipe. During this time of year, I pair most dishes with a salad or fruit salad (think fresh pineapple, cantaloupe, and strawberries).

In other news, I ordered the nursery furniture from USA Baby yesterday. They are having a furniture sale. In my last post, I put the link to the info about the furniture so you could see it. However, when I visited USA Baby, I saw this crib in the same furniture linethat we wanted and was placed on the floor just last Friday. An executive decision had to be made, so I changed the crib to this one; thank goodness Charlie and I have the same taste in furniture. This is the actual color of the furniture we ordered. It looks black, but I promise its not. If you see the price on this crib, trust me, I did not pay this much for this crib....much, much less.









So this week, we are 19 weeks. EEEK!!! What's going on this week?

How Far Along: 19 weeks, 2 days

Weight Gain: Up 1/2 lb per doctors visit on Monday

Maternity Clothes: Most definitely

Stretch Marks: None

Sleep: Very well, but I am taking 1 Benadryl (yes, its safe) at night for my severe allergies.

Best Moment of the Week: Seeing his face on the ultra sound. I LOVE knowing that this child has apparently inherited his father's handsome looks. As I always say, Charlie is easy on the eyes.

Gender: Team Blue!

Belly Button: In

What I Miss: Nothing, I love carrying this child.

Symptoms: round ligament pain, crazy dreams (if you only knew), and no snissing this week.

Looking Forward To: a weekend visit to the fabric store to pick out the fabric for his room and the purchasing of paint samples to start painting his room.

Milestones: I am the most pregnant I have ever been and blessed with a boy!











Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. I wondered where you went... thanks to FB i found you again! Looking good sweet friend! love that his bump is shinning in this world and so happy you felt him move! Isn't it the coolest thing ever! Love the furniture and the 2 possible names for him... either gets my vote ;0)
    xoxo,
    Jenny H

    ReplyDelete