Sunday, May 15, 2011

Crying and Shopping

Yes friends, that sums up my week. These hormones can be pretty intense and leave me jumping to irrational thoughts. For example, Thursday afternoon I received fabric swatches in the mail, and was super excited to see how the lil guy's nursery fabric would coordinate. Charlie came home and informs me that he does not like the nursery fabrics, and oh by the way, he wants to revisit a name for the lil man that I thought we had closed the book on and put on the shelf.....I thought for good. Cue the overwhelming thoughts/tears and then ding dong goes the doorbell, my dad arrived to take me to dinner. So the kicker and what came out of my mouth to Charlie was "What does it matter to you? You are colorblind." He really is, he gets his blues, greens, pinks, etc mixed up. Plus, my husband just does not have the ability to see the finished product, he typically hates the bits and pieces, but loves everything once its altogether. To compromise, I took the one fabric he liked (brown fabric with blue giraffes...which he thought the giraffes were pink) and looked up all the coordinating fabrics to go with the giraffes. He did not like those, and just told me to do what I wanted, he was sure he would love it. Just don't make his room girly.

Here is a picture of the color scheme to be pursued. I love the dots, stripes, and the giraffe print. Since our furniture is dark, I plan to only use the giraffe print as accent here and there.















I went by Lowe's to pick out paint swatches and plan on starting to paint this week. So exciting, and Charlie is so ready to paint and install crown moulding.


In other news, we purchased our stroller and carseat. Here are those pictures too:


















Meet the Peg Perego Pliko Switch Classico Stroller in Kiwi and the Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30 Infant Carseat in Pepper. Charlie picked out the carseat color and I picked the stroller color (there is your compromise). While they do not match, you will never see the stroller and carseat together. The stroller seat completely pops out so as only to leave the frame and the carseat clicks right into place. The carseat and stroller seat, when either is used, can face towards me or face the world. I LOVE how compact the stroller is when collapsed and I LOVE that the carseat is inverted so as to help prevent gas and reflux. I thought I would always go the Britax route since that is what has been used in my family, but the safety reviews and customer satisfaction reviews are so close, that we went with Peg.


Lastly, the "shopping" part, as in the title. Here are some purchases from this week: I went a little crazy.

















Let's just say the first is dress is definitely more friendly on the wallet. The tie dye dress, was a bit pricier; however it was the MOST comfortable dress I have ever worn. It will be great in July for my maternity photo session with Kim Graham, our wedding photographer. Additionally, when trying these on yesterday, I would pull the fabric out in the stomach area to get an idea what happens to the dress's fit when my bump gets bigger. These were the only 2 that did not hug my rear end. I also hit up the 30% off at Ann Taylor LOFT maternity yesterday.


Ok, off to get ready for another baby shower at LKN. I hope ya'll have a great Sunday and enjoy the remainder of your weekends!!

3 comments:

  1. My husband has been indecisive about colors and schemes, so I keep bringing home samples and I bought a wall decal! I told him I'll be in the nursery the most anyway, so I get two votes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those fabrics. Adorable and totally boyish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary! I am so excited for you and can't wait to see pics of your sweet lil fella! You look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete