Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Updates Galore

I honestly do not know where the weeks are going. They FLY by so fast. It seemed like it took an eternity to make it out of the first trimester, but now the past few weeks have just been passing by at lightening speed. This is a great thing bc it means the weekends arrive quicker. I LOVE springtime and we keep our weekends pretty stacked full of fun stuff.
Last Friday night, we went on one of the best dates ever. We visited 3D Dreams (in Baxter Village, Ft. Mill, SC) for an elective ultrasound, where we found out our little lovebug is a BOY!! I chugged fruit punch that I normally give to my nursery kiddos on Sunday nights prior to leaving the house to wake the baby up.

The little guy was so excited to be on camera. He was rolling around and laying just like I was, with one hand behind his head. His feet were curled at the ankles. I promise you (Charlie thinks I am crazy), but this little man looks like daddy around his nose and mouth area. I will take that, as I think daddy is quite easy on the eyes. The ultrasound tech measured us, and we were measuring at 15 weeks, 5 days. At the time, I was 14 weeks, 4 days. When she finally got to the downstairs region, Charlie said "Do I see man parts?" The tech said "Yes, you do." I immediately jumped in and asked if these could be female parts covered by the cord or if these were swollen, undeveloped female parts to which I got a response of "No." Charlie asked "I have a son??" Tech "Yes, you do." Me "Oh, my little man." We then noticed how excited the fellow was to show off his man parts. Every other picture taken of this child is of his "goods." To me, I just imagined him saying "Look Mom, look what I've got." "Look Dad, I am just like you." The tech even talked about how much of an exhibitionist our little guy was. This behavior will be worked on when he arrives :)


We then went to eat some pasta at Fratelli's. I had been craving pasta all week, but unfortunately, after 3 bites, I was finished...thank you to my new friends indigestion and heartburn. Last Saturday we went home (Lincolnton, NC) to visit family and have our gender party. That morning I picked up cupcakes which had the blue icing injected into the middle and the the cupcakes were iced with pink or blue, so that people could pick which gender they thought we were having. Unfortunately, my pics for this one aren't loading correctly. I will post them later.

In other exciting, developing news (ha), my dear friend Meredith is going to make little man's crib bedding. It will be even more special to us knowing it came from her!!! Thanks and love you sweet friend!!

Rambling on to this week's updates:

How Far Along: 15 weeks, 1 day

Weight Gain/Loss: up 3 lbs (this will remain constant until I go back to the doctor as I do NOT own scales, and no judging when you see a drastic difference in weight change.)

Maternity Clothes: Pants always, some dresses. Shirts are still big.

Stretch Marks: None!

Sleep: Amazing, except when I get hot at night.

Best moment of the week: Finding out our little guy is a BOY and our gender party.

Food Cravings: Nothing really except pasta last week, but that passed.

Gender: Team Blue!

Belly Button: In

What I Miss: Nothing, I LOVE carrying this baby boy!

Looking Forward To: I am ready to "pop." I still appear chubby in the belly, and I want to "pop" into the bump. Should be anyday now since I have been super itchy on my stomach, sides, and some round ligament pain going on.

Milestones: I am the most pregnant I have ever been and blessed with a baby boy.












2 comments:

  1. Mary,

    This is wonderful news! Congrats on little baby boy :) Keep living in this beautiful moment. And I too have that silk top that you are wearing in the photo...great taste!

    Much Love
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look adorable! love the bump! We do need a date soon... lets talk and plan :)

    ReplyDelete