Friday, December 17, 2010

What do you do when.....

....your husband won't tell you what he wants for Christmas bc he can't think of anything he wants or needs? We met for a little mexican lunch date today, and again I went through the pulling teeth process to figure out what Chuckles wants for Christmas. I figured out why he has his "wants" or "needs" in the back of his mind. Prepare yourselves......wait for it.......he is being CHEAP.

WHAT? Yes, you read it, C-H-E-A-P! Today he said "Its different when its our money we are spending." Let's be honest, we all have things that we cut corners on, or a cheap side for certain things. Don't get me wrong, we don't go crazy spending money on eachother at Christmas, but if Charles doesn't suck it up, he will only be receiving his $50 toy that is identical to my 6 year old nephew's, Gavin. Well, I take that back, he will also be getting his stocking stuffers that consist of a Rubix Cube, Uno, and some chapsticks (he doesn't read this blog, so his surprises aren't spoiled). I have no clue. I suggested the iPod touch, surround sound, a sound bar, etc....
NOTHING!!

Which leads me to another question. Every year, as a part of his presents, I ALWAYS make an effort to get Charlie a toy. Let's face it, men are still children whose eyes beam when they have a bright, shiny, brand new toy. So I will end this post by asking two questions:

1) What are areas in your life that you are "cheap?"
2) What do you try to be consistent with every year when giving presents?

1 comment:

  1. I'm frugal when it comes to household cleaners and things that simply "go down the drain" :)

    Every year I try to be consistent with:
    1) My decorations, love live greenery, poinsettia and paper whites
    2) Wrapping of presents! I love to find the perfect coordinating paper and embelishments to make my packages "shine".
    3) Doing the annual Christmas lights drive. Hot cocoa in hand and driving about the city to see all the creative ways people light up their exteriors.
    4) Baking Goodies! I'm making Hello Dollies tomorrow....yummm!

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete