Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's here.....

WOW!! Never did I think that in 1 day, we would receive SO much information. So this morning, we went to REACH for our 7:30 am ultrasound and labs. So during our day 12 ultrasound, we were told we may see candidates for the follicles which would release eggs, but probably nothing definite. Dr. W first checked my uterine lining, which measured at 8 mm (he wanted to see at least 7 mm). He then proceeds to check my right ovary and see some "possibilities," but nothing definite. Then he moved over to check out my left ovary and said "Woooaaahh, there they are." Apparently I have 2 great follicles, and once I take my ovidrel shot, I WILL release 2 eggs.

I also asked Dr. W about the gender statistics for IUI. He explained they were 50/50 and went on to explain that IVF babies typically lean more towards female babies. I then asked if we got pregnant, what are our chances for twins, since there are two eggs that WILL be released. He explained that with IUI, we have a 25% chance of getting pregnant and if we get pregnant, there is a 20% chance of having twins. He ended our visit by telling us, that someone would call today after my labs were complete and give me the gameplan for the remainder of the week.

After we got back from REACH, we headed to church, where our Sunday School teacher asks if we have any prayer requests. After everyone else has gone, I simply said "Please pray for us, we have a huge week coming up and we really need your prayers." At the end of class, she stops the lesson and just says that God is laying us on her heart and she wanted to know if she could pray for us again (cue the waterworks). She wanted our class to gather around and pray for us and PRAY for us they did. We really couldn't ask for a better group of people to worship our God with.

At 1:00 today, I get a call from Dr. W's nurse. She explains that I need to take my Ovidrel shot at 6:00 pm tonight and then report to REACH at 7-7:30 am on Tuesday morning for the process to begin.

So at 5:30 pm I show up on my sister's doorstep, dangling the Ovidrel box in front of her eyes. It was like waving a t-bone in front of a dog, she was READY to give that shot. Lori did an amazing job, and the shot was painless.

So Tuesday morning is our time. Please continue to pray for us and also for a very dear friend who is about to go through the same procedure as us. Its no fun to struggle with infertility; but I am glad I have this friend to lean on and go through it together. Love you friend.

1 comment:

  1. Mary,

    How wonderful! Two Fabulous Follies!!! That's great. I had 2 follicles as well and wish you all the luck in the world tomorrow. I will be joining in prayer with all those who are praying so very hard for you and your hubby.

    Take a deep breath tomorrow as you go for your IUI. I took my ipod and when the insemination was finished I listened to some music, James Taylor if I remember correctly :) Then, I went home and relaxed in bed for the rest of the day and took it easy the following day too.

    Sending you lots of love, hugs, prayers and a plethora of BABY DUST...the sparkly, sticky kind. I'm just so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete