Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mason at 36 Weeks

My sweet little man, our time exclusively together is nearing its end and I have very mixed emotions about it all. A huge part of me is so ready to share you with this world, but the other "selfish" part of me wants to keep our time together to just you and me. I am also nervous about life forever changing after you are here. We have no clue what its like outside of the bubble mommy and daddy have created for ourselves. I realize I will never want it any other way, but I am just so nervous about the next few weeks and all the changes that are to come.



It seems like yesterday I was stampeding back upstairs at 7:30 on a Saturday morning to tell your daddy about our positive pregnancy test. Your daddy was so overjoyed that we just layed in bed, held eachother, started making plans for you, and talking about how we never thought we would be pregnant again. For my birthday present, you informed us you were really there and could possibly have another sibling or two. On Valentine's Day, you confirmed that it was only you in there, tremendously easing your daddy's anxieties about multiples and minivans. You gave us the gift of your heartbeat; a sound I will never forget and always want to hear and the ultimate sound of love in our eyes. You were so strong and have always overachieved at your appointments giving your daddy and I such a comfort throughout your entire pregnancy. On April 1, you allowed us to see your sweet face for the first time and find out that you were our little boy. Your daddy had such pride when he was told he had a son. I will never forget that look on his face. Since then, I have never looked back and could not imagine things happening any other way. You were made for us and truly a promise from God.

Currently, your movements take my breath each and everytime. You LOVE to play the guitar with your feet in my rib cage. You give daddy and I a nightly performance with your football kicks and karate kicks....I think Daddy wants you to follow in his footsteps and be the kicker for your future football team. He is extremely excited to spend time with you and teach you about life and sports. He is so ready to have a playmate of his own, and it is absolutely the most comforting feeling in the world. He adores you and me infinitely. You love most meals, except you like to give mommy reflux when I eat my beloved Grape Nuts. You have even given me a half in/half out belly button, which is great bc it only means you continue to grow and progress. You LOVE to play in my ribs during my drives to work making it extremely difficult to check blinds spots when switching lanes, but its ok bc it means you are growing, moving, and doing what you should be doing.

My little man, I love you to the moon and back. I love to hug my tummy and feel you kick in return. We are incredibly blessed, beyond words, and there are so many people who eagerly await your arrival. Just always remember you are always special in my eyes, and I will everything I can to raise you using guidance provided by our Heavenly Father. He is after all the one who made all of this possible. So, keep on playing your guitar, poking out that sweet bunky, and practicing those football kicks; there is not too much longer and mommy and daddy get to hold you soon.








PS~You are going to LOVE your monkey themed bathroom.







Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the update! You look so incredibly adorable! No one can prepare you for the coming of Mason and no one can describe the love that floods your heart even more than you have for him now. It is indescribable!
    So happy for you guys!
    Jenny H <3

    p.s. I need to give you a recipe for some cookies that will help with your milk supply. Yummy yum! Also fill you in on things I wish I had know about BFing that I never learned in class. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about you, but it's been a quick 9 months! Enjoy these last few weeks...hear that baby Mason, FEW, don't make mom and dad wait too long. :)

    ReplyDelete