Friday, June 4, 2010

I have "Bump Status"

The word "status" is thrown around between my sister and me constantly. For example, here are 2 statements from Lori:

1) "I can't wait to have "Aunt Status." - when we were trying to get pregnant


2) "Do I have "Hot Momma Status?" - when she was losing the baby weight from Reagan

Well, now I have my own status "Bump Status." This week I have been out of town working, and when walking by the mirror in the hotel room bathroom, I saw this guy, which had just popped out to say HI!
Here we are at 10.5 weeks. Umm, we are really starting to wonder how many are in my belly. Well, we go to the doctor on Monday to hear the heartbeat and hopefully get a head count.
I also have to say that I have read Jenny McCarthy's "Belly Laughs." A dear friend told me read it and don't doubt for a second that her symptoms won't happen to you. Well, I am a pretty even-kiltered person (except when you are hurtful towards those I love), but "Psycho Chick" came to visit last Friday. When I say "Psycho Chick," Charlie made the statement "I just can't do anything right today, can I?" (he has never said that to me EVER), I laughed and cried at the same time, and criticized every move he made. Needless to say, I put myself to bed early that night.
I am also REALLY sensitive to people's comments now. For example, my boss who is not always the most tactful person says to me 2 weeks ago (after glaring at the belly region) "Your clothes are getting fitted; how are you coping with that?" Me "I don't have anything to cope with; I am ecstatic!" Today, after she saw the pic above, she said "Gettin chubby." Our friend told me last night after we made a pit stop by McDonald's for supper (I got a kids meal) "Wow, you are just going to turn into a little McDonald's aren't you?" These people are lucky that "Psycho Chick" wasn't in town on these occasions. Its interesting that people's courtesy and sensitivity to pregnant women lack sometimes, but honestly I don't care too much...we waited long enough for our miracle that I will endure anything. Update on Monday!! Happy weekend and Thank you Father for our miracle. I thank you everyday, multiple times per day, but thank you again!!!



2 comments:

  1. Impressive! Good job on the "mommy status"! You are too cute! Next time let's include your sweet face in the pic.! Miss you and can't wait to take pics of your bump in like 23-25 weeks! Have a great weekend yourself.- Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTEST BELLY BUMP EVER.....Love the pic! You are looking fabulous.....as always!!

    ReplyDelete