Monday, June 14, 2010

Challenges, Hope, and Faith

Well, today was my first day back to work and I am not going to lie, it was TOUGH!!! My coworkers have been amazing: last week a beautiful bouquet of flowers arrived at our house, an increbibly sweet card arrived in the mail on Friday, and I had cards and sweets (someone really knows the way to my heart) on my desk waiting for me this morning. It makes my heart sing to know that my coworkers are such spiritual people and really know God. Thank you.

Where are we now? Well, the mornings are really tough and so are the nights. So far tonight, I am good. I am still very hopeful for our future, but at the same time I have been running all the possible scenarios through my head about why God called our child away from us too early. What I have learned this week is that this is a loss, I am the mother of a child who is no longer here, we are grieving, Charlie grieves differently than me, I have anguish, I am in emotional overdrive, and I NEVER knew I could love someone so much and never have seen their face. Hannah's Hope quotes "God's word never said we were not to grieve our losses. It says we are not to grieve as those who have no hope." We should always have hope and faith in our Creator bc through Him all things are possible. Hebrews 11:1, 6 says "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him."
At church yesterday we discussed that we need to be thankful for all the blessings that we receive everday and take forgranted. I woke up this morning, I saw Charlie's face (and kissed it too), I have a job, I spoke to both my parents and in-laws today, I walked the dogs tonight, felt the breeze on my face during my bike ride, and am snuggled into my huge bed with my dogs. Yes, we are being challenged at this moment and have little footprints that are left on our hearts, but we have eachother and we have hope and faith for our future. I love you Charlie, you are my world, my heart, my everything.

3 comments:

  1. One day at a time sweet girl, one day at a time. He is faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, thank you for dropping by one of my blogs. I am so very sad to read of the death of your sweet baby. Praising God for surrounding you with loving support and praying His continued comfort and grace upon your grieving heart.

    {{{{hugs}}}
    jenni saake
    Hannah's Hope Blog
    Harvesting Hope from Heartache™

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you and your husband are taking good care of each other during this time. I know my husband was my rock when all I wanted to do was break down. On a happier note, how exciting you will be traveling to Charleston soon. Folly Beach has a bunch of new restaurants- taco boy is great (if you have never been), Rita's is a new burger and margarita place, the Lost Dog is a must for breakfast, and the Holiday Inn has a great brand new beach front bar. I hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete