Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year, A New Day

Well, today is 1/1/11. Its absolutely crazy how time flies. So much has happened in the past year: many joys, LOTS of learning experiences, a renewed spiritual relationship, a new church family whom we adore, and lastly loss.


This year, I have completely learned to surrender everything (its very hard) I thought I could do on my own. I was completely under the impression that God would let me do things and then knock me down when He didn't like it. That was until I learned what it was like to put my total faith in Him.

This year, I learned what it was like to come to an understanding that family, while loved, is not always perfect. Relationships, while reconciled, will never be the same; they change. Sometimes, we choose to love family, bc they are our family; not bc its easy to love them. I have no clue how I would have gotten through this year without my beautiful sister, Lori.
This year, I put forth more of an effort with friends. Its easy to fall into the normal routine of YOUR life where you can only focus on YOUR life. However, this year, I traveled to see friends, spent more time with my friends, and grew to understand my friends' love for me when I couldn't always be the best to them. 2010 was a year that there was joy, but a lot of sadness. Life can baffle us and we may not always understand its twists and turns, but true friends stand by you, give you what you need, and never judge you for your failure to reciprocate bc you simply CAN'T. To put it lightly, I love my friends.

As I went to sleep last night, I was thinking about what is going to happen in 2011: we will welcome the arrival of many close friends' newborn children, learn of new life adventures for our friends, stay active in our church, have a resolution on our fertility struggles (can we or can't we have our own children), see my sister 2 semesters closer to being a nurse that she so desparately wants to be, watch my nephew turn 7 and my niece turn 4, watching a very accomplished friend graduate with her PhD from UT, family vacation, visiting friends out of state, setting goals and achieving them, so many things I know will happen and so many things are left to be revealed in this new year.

I personally cannot wait to see what happens for each of you in your new year. Its a clean slate and I am so ready for change. Happy New Year friends, both near and far.

Some of our NYE celebration with friends at Buca di Beppo:



PS~ Just wanted to give a small fertility update. Tomorrow morning, we go back to REACH for our second IUI. 3 eggs, great lining, very pleased doctor, and a husband ready to "provide." Let's do this!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. Mary,

    Hello sweetest friend! Sending you HUGE HUGS as you go for the IUI. I have great HOPE and FAITH in the outcome. 3 Follicles, that is wonderful! Be good to yourself and put those tootsies up and I will be praying with all my might for a BFP. This new journey that you have embarked on IS going to be prosperous :)

    Cheering for you every step of the way! I'm here if you need me ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I just wanted to let you know that God has used YOU in your posts to touch my heart. Also, he is using you to provide encouragement to others going through similar situations by your hope and faith in HIM.

    You are an amazing woman!! You have allowed God to mold you into the woman he has for you to be.

    Stay grounded in His promises for you and continue to allow Him to be the center of your life. 2011 is a fresh start. :-)

    ReplyDelete