Monday, November 29, 2010

A Time to Give Thanks

This year I feel like my favorite holiday flew by. One day I was cleaning my house and making pumpkin rolls and the next day, I was fast asleep on the couch, nursing a migraine bc all the hustle and bustle was over for that day. I LOVE hosting dinner parties at our house, so it brings me joy to see my favorite faces walk through our front door to give thanks. We feasted on all sorts of Thanksgiving treats, enjoyed some football, and even sorted through the sales papers planning our attack route for Black Friday!!
Black Friday is a tradition with my sister and mom. Every year we do this and every year, we get out earlier and earlier. This year, we hit up Kohls at 4, Lowes, and Cracker Barrel. Then we made a pit-stop by the REACH Clinic on our way through Charlotte to Northlake Mall. My side of the family is completed, but now we just have to work on Charlie's side.
Charlie and I had our pictures made yesterday afternoon at Glencairn Gardens in Rock Hill. We took the dogs (which didn't last long) with their fresh hair cuts and coordinated outfits, and off we went. Charlie was NOT a fan, and informed me that I owed him a Chinese Buffet outing (VOMIT at the thought of all the bacteria) bc he was taking these pictures.
So, YES, I did mention the REACH Clinic above. With the IUI just over a week away, I find myself excited, nervous, hopeful, all at the same time I am trying to keep my emotions in check and not get my hopes up. I started taking Clomid again this month and well I am one CrAzY woman. Let's just put it this way, I slept with the window open in our bedroom for the last 2 nights. I am comfortable and Charlie freezes. My prescriptions are filled and my ultrasound appointment is this coming Sunday morning at 7:30 am. I am excited that we are taking this new route, and even more excited to hear for myself how this is all going to go down. AHHH, the anticipation of it all.

3 comments:

  1. I am so hopeful for you and this next step! Sorry the clomid is messing with you though. Your family pics sound adorable. You may need to post them:) Hope you had a fabulous thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetest Mary,

    Its so heart warming to hear that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family :) Yes, it is a lot of work being the hostess, but so enjoyable when you look back and reflect.

    As for that headache....humm, that may very well be from the Clomid. I had Clomid headaches, as did my Kindred Spirit. Like you, I had some side effects, I cried all the time, but it was so worth the inconvenience. I am going to be praying with all my heart that this is your one and only IUI.

    If I can offer you some insight, the IUI will be perfectly timed, which makes things so much easier. No guess work, no baby dancing for days on end, etc...And I pray that you see those growing follicles in a few days :) I had 2 that were mature, 1 at 19mm and another at 21. But, bear in mind, it only takes one follicle to produce a baby :)

    I have SO MUCH FAITH in this cycle! Just be good to yourself and proud of yourself for taking the leap of FAITH and going to an RE. Nothing but good things are on the horizon and your Rainbow is coming very soon.

    Much Love and Prayers Always
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for thanksgiving and family photos! J hates them too and he was mumbling things like that as we were taking ours too. One day... they will thank us... I just know it! ;)

    You know you guys are in my prayers and I am only a phone call/text away. I know every time we get on the phone I feel like a chatter box. Sorry about that... I am just so excited for whats ahead for you guys.
    So incredibly hopeful and I can't wait to hear the update on Sunday.
    Praying like crazy!

    MUAH!

    ReplyDelete