Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Tired

Not as in sleepy tired, but emotionally tired and drained of all the blood draws, testing, doctor's appointments, loss, crappy doctor's office, time passing, pain, the poking and prodding, etc. The doctors office called with my progesterone results yesterday, and 13.2 is not the number I was expecting to hear. When I was pregnant, my progesterone level was 34.9. I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday afternoon and I am assuming, since I am not pregnant (btw, my pregnancy test this morning was negative) we are going to discuss a plan of action. I know he is not going to put me on Clomid this next month, which means that next month is going to turn into another barren month. Sick and tired of month after month of disappointment and heart breaks, I am going to discuss my own plan of action with him.

Currently, I am sitting 50/50 on making myself completely numb to this whole idea of getting pregnant for the next 2 months, until I take myself to the Reach Clinic (Charlie and I said we would give this 3 more months) -OR- just stopping every effort we are putting forth for baby and just see what happens. If we have a child, great; if not, it wasn't meant to be. Next month will be 20 months of this journey, and I am absolutely broken, exhausted, and just plain SICK of feeling this way!!!!! I am sick and tired or crying and feeling so weak and vulnerable over the infertility and the loss of our child. Those visions of taking our child to daycare and securing that carseat or holding our child after I give birth seem to be slipping further and further away. I am truly at my breaking point, and knowing how I handle things when I get to my breaking point; I just know that I am going to push this so far away and not want anything else to do with this fantasy that we are going to have a child of our own. Its a pattern that I am well aware of, I put up this wall, that doesn't ever fully come down, and harden myself against what has hurt me so badly. Emotionally, I am checking out.

6 comments:

  1. I am thinking of you and Charlie! I hope your dreams come true and you can find the strength to stay strong during this tough journey! XoXo
    Jaime Goodson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetest Mary,

    I can realte to all those awful feelings of defeat and being tired and feeling "how much more can I take". My heart hurts for you sweet friend, as I have stood exactly where you stand. However, what seemed to help me were knowing that I still had options and having FAITH in my furute. Certainly, I cried many tears and those negative results always took me deep within the valley, but I would always find solace in "tomorrow being a new day". I pray that tomorrow brings sunshine for you :)

    In the meantime, take some time to decide what is best for you and go lightly on yourself. Know that I am praying for your miracle and know that its coming soon. I'm faithful for your future.

    Much Love and prayers always....just wish I could do more to lift your spirit, as I know exactly what this feels like.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girlie, my heart is broken. I know what you mean by wanting to check out. Some days I just wished I could wake up on the other side of the world. Mainly because I couldn't take another pregnancy announcement or another month of negative dissapointments and let's face it If I woke up in India I would not have a clue where to buy a pregnancy test!
    This weekend will be a time to check out. Take advantage to just being. Just being with Charlie. Just being in your favorite place. Just reading a book. Just breathing in fresh air.
    I am praying for you and Charlie today. I am praying that your trip will bring you a renewed mind and spirit. Dig deep into His Word, it will be your spring of refreshing water. I am praying that you find hope again. I am also praying that you learn to lean back and breath and feel the heart beat of God. He is the only One who can carry you through this.
    I know your heart is broken, but your dream WILL come true. You haven't exhausted all resources yet, although it feels that way. It's just that darn question... When?... that we talked about.
    Praying, hoping and dreaming for you today.
    Love ya,
    Jenny H

    Psalm 62:5, "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him." (NIV)

    Proverbs 23:18, "There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off." (NIV)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and praying that your dreams will come true for you very soon. Sending you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sweet girl!
    I am thinking about you and praying for you each day! Don't let go of this dream....it is not too big that God can't handle! Trust and have FAITH! You deserve all the happiness and it WILL happen for you!
    Always here for you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok girl... where is the post of your trip??? I want to hear about all the details!
    Miss u tons!
    Jenny H

    ReplyDelete